Monday, November 10, 2008

Wrapping Things Up

Greg Mankiw has an excellent NYT op-ed, with advice for the new President Elect. My favorite part:

"[E]ven if the laws of arithmetic are ignored during campaigns, they become a real constraint when making actual policy."

As a bonus, see if you can spot Mankiw's trademark humorous (and shameless) self-promotion.

This blog will now return to our regularly-scheduled programming of stream-of-consciousness nonsense, rants about technology, and creepy adulation of Neil Diamond.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Is the answer to the bonus question possibly:

The campaign’s director of economic policy, Jason Furman, is a smart, sensible and well-trained policy economist. I know: he is a former student of mine.

D.Cous. said...

Jonathan wins! Give the man a cigar.

L. H. Lynch said...

I came up with the same answer, but I guess I was behind the game in posting it.

Jonathan said...

Yes!

Who do I get get the cigar from?