Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"When you're in your little room..."

Greetings, friend(s). It's been a decent-ish few weeks behind the scenes at the Republic of D.Cous., various things going on.
I spent Labor Day weekend road tripping to and from a wedding in Iowa, which was actually quite fun. I was expecting the trip to be a drag and the wedding to be fun, but they both turned out to be a great time. I rode out with people who I mostly didn't know very well, and we had a great time getting better acquainted and playing mad libs and making more inside jokes about other parts of the trip than any group of people probably should.
Bob Dylan's new album Modern Times came out on August 29. If you're reading this you probably have some idea of how big a Bob Dylan fan I am (much to your chagrin, perhaps), so watch for my review of the disk in a day or two. I won't blame you if you decide to skip it, but I thought I'd try my hand at writing a review, and it's just not finished yet.
Yesterday was my 22nd birthday, which I'm pretty sure makes me officially old. I had a nice dinner celebration with a few friends, and I'm having dinner tomorrow with my family, so I guess I get bonus points for spreading my birthday out accross three days. It's been a good life so far, many thanks to all of you who have helped to make it so (some of you have probably done so completely by accident).
I went to Cedar Point for the first time in at least a decade over the past weekend, thanks to an invitation from friends. There are a fair amount of new rides since I was last there, and at the time I was too scared to enjoy the few rides I did try (I was something of a nervous kid, as I'm sure you can imagine). This time around was much more fun than my few remaining shards of memory from the first trip, but I have to admit that I don't think I'll be going back any time soon. I'm not sorry I went, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed myself, though it's not the sort of thing I would've done of my own volition. The problem really was that I got pretty sick from the roller coasters and didn't end up going on all that many. More evidence that I'm miserably old, I guess.

No comments: