Thursday, September 22, 2005

"The sea it swells like a sore head..."

Hey folks! I know that this isn't the time I said I'd post, but I thought that you might enjoy these pictures of a gig I played at a coffehouse last friday, as bass player for the band Searching For Shoes. We only rehearsed once for the gig, so the set was mostly covers of well-known songs that would be easy to learn, and/or songs that three out of the four of us performed several months ago with now departed (transferred to another school) drummer Scott D. The personnel for the night included Noah K. on guitar and vocals, Tory M. on piano and vocals, Josh P. on drums, and yours truly on bass. Hillsdale's resident blues guitar god Andrew F. (sorry, not pictured) also sat in on for a fun cover of CCR's "Green River," which I thought was pretty darn cool.

4 comments:

Reenie said...

i'm very disappointed you know. tuesday, the day you said you'd be updating, came and went... and no update. all was silent in the workd of the People's Republic of D.Cous. and i needed some dry funny stuff from said dcous. sigh. and now to endure a weds without it... sigh... not a pretty sight back here in the peoples republic of working tush off without amusing blogs from favorite brothers. sad day. its fine, don't worry, we'll pull thru...

D.Cous. said...

I sincerely apologize for the lack of posting, I wasn't aware that anyone would actually notice. Things have been crazy with the academic situation here, and very not hot with the health situation. I was up most of the night last night reading and preparing for two quiz thingys today, I have class tonight and then a midterm tommorow morning, and I've been hacking and coughing up a storm and coping with a fever that comes and goes all the while. I'll try to catch up on sleep tommorow afternoon and have a post up tommorow evening, if that's any consolation. Sorry.

Reenie said...

i'm just razzin' you... and so sorry to hear about both the academic situation and the poor health! bummer dude. okay, well, no posting till you feel better. in the meantime, EAT and drink a lot and get some sleep... recommended beverages: OJ by the gallon, herbal tea, nyquill, etc. Feel better!! Love ya's.

Lindsey said...

Woah! Ha ha! Even Ms. Coffee recommends you drink tea! Those antioxidants would knock out Ebola! I hope you went to bed reasonably soon after we talked last night. I tried to read for 5 minutes but was falling asleep every other sentence.

Love the pics, you look so hot in a stocking cap! :)