Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Whatcha gonna do about it?

Hello Reginald. I was just sitting here minding my own business the other day when someone walked up to me and said “Hey, what’s the difference between you and a Norwegian kayak maker?” “What?” I asked, somewhat annoyed by the direction he was taking the conversation which ten seconds earlier had not existed. “The kayak maker has a freakin’ job!” He said, and then walked away playing his panpipe and humming rhymes about the coming end of Life As We Know It (LAWKI), Northwestern Canada’s premier television game show in which the contestants have to distinguish between questions asked in nonsense syllables and those asked in the Inuit language. Who cares? I’ll bet the Inuit people do, having their language made fun of like a circus clown on a tiny bicycle falling off of a cliff and onto the next topic of conversation: Petroleum. Just kidding, I sure as shoe polish don’t want to talk about petroleum. I recently discovered that Macadamia nuts coated in chocolate taste delicious. I’d never had any before this week that weren’t buried deep within cookies of the same name, and those weren’t terrible, but I’d have to say that they were better in chocolate. Yes indeed, if you remember one thing which I tell you it should be that things are as they were when they weren’t as yet included in the current order of things that are presently but didn’t used to be. See what I mean? That’s what that nay-sayer with the panpipe will never understand when he’s driving through the sleet in his borrowed Escalade pretending to be somebody’s best friend’s lawyer suing the pants off some poor restaurateur who happened to serve tea at one hundred degrees Celsius the way it ought to be served, Fuzzy Math (FM) notwithstanding. So I was thinking about the Mayfair the other day, not that I’ve ever seen a Mayfair or know exactly what it is, but I’ll bet that it’s pretty nice, because the word has a pleasant ring to it. Anyways, for the sake of LAWKI (and many other acronyms I’m sure), I’d better get to reading some Beaumarchais and studying for a test of my fortitude, which could come and go as it wishes, at any given time. I wish you the best of luck, Reginald. I’m sure that it shall all right itself in an odd sort of way, as it always does this time of year, so hold onto your hat and hope for the best and nothing bad will hurt more than a bee sting in the eye, which I believe would hurt a great deal. Best to avoid the bee’s nest altogether and not to wantonly throw rocks.

No comments: