Monday, December 11, 2006

It's the little things we do...

Wow, I suppose that all of the spam comments on my last post are the price I pay for neglecting this thing for so long. I should also say that it might be inappropriate to make fun of Diane Rehm's voice, since it is apparently due to a rather unpleasant condition, and as such I am sorry if I have offended anyone's sensibilities. I still say that the person on the phone sounded just like her, whatever her malady. I'll get back into regular posting soon enough, although I'm afraid that I haven't enough time presently for a full-blown update. I'm afraid that I may have to restrict the comments in some way, shape or form, but in the meantime, I just ask that any of you who post comments (for which I'm quite grateful, it feels good to know someone reads this thing, for whatever reason) refrain from doing so anonymously. I would also like to repeat my policy of not using anyone's full name on the blog (or anywhere else on the internet for that matter) without their consent. Also, while I encourage any and all of you to post links in the comments to whatever you think I'll find interesting, do not click any links that are posted anonymously, or by someone whose screen name you are unfamiliar with. Thanks for checking back, I'll have more posts up soon.

5 comments:

J. said...

If you haven't thought about doing this already...

Log in to your Blogger account, and go to Settings, then Comments. Scroll down to "Show word verification for comments?" and switch it to "Yes."

DaWheeze said...

testing, this is Maryn. If it comes out as anonymous, there's a problem (probably the stupid update) with my identity. We shall see...

DaWheeze said...

Oh good, I wonder why my comments on your last post were listed as anonymous just a minute ago. Were you seeing them as anonymous or as me?

D.Cous. said...

I think it was just you. posting as "anonymous" is an option when you're posting comments, under the heading "choose an identity".

DaWheeze said...

Good.